Glossary of Food Words
Browse by letter:
- Hot pepper sauce
- Tabouli (or tabouleh) is a Middle Eastern vegetarian salad. Its primary ingredients are typically cracked wheat, lemon juice, tomato, mint, parsley red onions, sultanas and cucumber. It is served cold.
- Tabouleh dressing
- Cumin, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper
- A preparation from Provence consisting of black olives, anchovies, capers, olive oil, and garlic and lemon juice pounded to a thick paste, used as a dip or condiment.
- Tarte fine
- Basically a puff pastry pizza thin rolled puff pastry covered with a topping for example onion confit and anchovies.
- Tarte Tatin
- Tarte Tatin is an upside down tart characterised by its layer of caramelized sugar. Normally puff pastry.
- This is a mix of flour and water. Fish or vegetables are usually dipped into this mix and deep fried.
- A terrine is a moulding dish used for any sort of pâté (coarsely or smoothly ground meat, fish, mushrooms -- whatever). It used to be that when a pâté was served in this dish, it was called a terrine. Today, the terms pâté and terrine are used pretty much interchangeably.
- A timbale is a drum-shaped, tapered mould, as well as the dish cooked in such a mould. To make one, custard, risotto, or forcemeat mixture is pressed into the timbale mould and baked. Once turned out of the mould, the dish is usually served with a sauce like béchamel.
- Using a knife to create a shape from a hard fruit or vegetables.
- French word for slice.
- Coffee flavouring.
- Tonka bean
- Northern South America (Guyana, Orinoco region). Main producers today are Venezuela and also Nigeria.
Tonka beans smell of vanilla with strong hints of cinnamon, cloves and almonds.
- Tournedos is a piece of beef about 1 inch thick and 2-1/2 inches in diameter that has been cut from the tenderloin. It is a very lean cut of beef.
- Truffle dressing
- Egg yolks, truffle, grape seed oil, truffle oil, and sherry and cabernet sauvignon.
- Truffle paste
- A duxelle (mushroom paste) flavoured with truffle oil.
- Truffle gnocchi
- Flour, eggs, truffle paste, parmesan, truffle oil
Go back to Pearl Restaurant Menu.
Go back on top of Glossary.
Vladislav Jankovych » Pearl Restaurant London » Information » Food Culinary Glossary » Letter T