Glossary of Food Words
Browse by letter:
- Spanish dish made with rice, smoked paprika, saffron, chicken oysters, squid, mussels, clams, chorizo, peas, red and green peppers and broad beans.
- Parsnip puree
- Puree of parsnip cooked in milk and cream.
- Panzanella salad
- An Italian salad make from red and yellow peppers, capers, anchovies, olive oil, vinegar, tomatoes, chilli and olives
- There are different types and recipes but are all quite similar. We mix a pate a bombe and meringue together then add a flavour (i.e. fresh bananas) and cream.
- Parmesan dressing
- Mayonnaise and parmesan together.
- Pata Negra
- Black pig from Spain which has a unique flavour from being fed mainly with acorns.
- Meringue made with eggs whites, sugar, corn flour and vinegar.
- Pate a bombe
- Sugar and Glucose heated to 120 degrees poured into eggs yolks.
- To pickle
- Pickling is the process of preparing a food by soaking and storing it in a brine (salt) or vinegar solution, a process which can preserve otherwise perishable foods for months. The resulting food is called a pickle.
- Pickle shallots
- Cassis, red wine, cabernet sauvignon vinegar, port and shallots ring
- Piquant pepper puree
- Piquant peppers and roasted peppers pureed.
- A delicious sauce used for pastas, grilled meats, and poultry. This is made of fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, and parmesan cheese.
- Pickled cucumber
- Thinly sliced cucumber with white wine, vinegar, sugar, ginger and red chilli infusion.
- Pernod 45 is a French aperitif with an aniseed flavour.
- Red peppers, red onions, onions, olive oil and confit tomato.
- Puff pastry from the town of the same name in the Orléanois; cake or tart made with puff pastry filled with almond mixture.
- Plum soup
- This is made with fresh plums, sugar syrup and a little lemon juice.
- To poach
- To cook completely submerged in barely simmering liquid.
- Potato blinis
- Pan fried mix made with potatoes, milk, crème Fraiche and eggs.
- Prawn crouton
- Ficelle crouton with a mix of tiger prawns, tomato confit, basil, egg white, garlic, shallots and lemon covered in sesame seeds and deep fried.
- Choux pastry piped into balls and baked
Go back to Pearl Restaurant Menu.
Go back on top of Glossary.
Vladislav Jankovych » Pearl Restaurant London » Information » Food Culinary Glossary » Letter P