Glossary of Food Words
Browse by letter:
- Coconut flavoured rum
- To marinate
- Marinated is the process of soaking foods in a seasoned liquid or oil before cooking. Often for 24 hours to 48 hours.
- A think sweet mixture made from oranges, lemon juice and rind. Usually found on the breakfast table.
- Egg white are whisked with sugar until they increase in volume, and become firm.
- Mille feuille
- French term meaning thousand leaf
- An Italian thin soup made with flavoured stock vegetables, beans, pasta and meat/fish
- A traditional flavouring mixture in French cooking, consisting of onion to, carrot, leeks and celery, used in stocks, soups, stews, etc.
- Mizuna cress
- Small soft green leaves from mizuna salad.
- Dark brown soft sugar.
- Also known as Daikon it is a large white long radish.
- Greek dish made with minced meat, mixed spices, tomatoes, onion and aubergines
- Usually quite a light mixture which has been set using ingredients such as eggs, cream and or gelatine.
- Mousse, coconut
- Soft set mousse made with eggs, cream, sugar and coconut puree.
- Mousse, chicken
- A mousse made with eggs, cream and pureed chicken.
- Mousse ham hock
- Chicken mousse, onions, shitake mushrooms, caramelised black pudding, and braised ham hock mix.
- Mousse, scallop
- A mousse made with eggs, cream and pureed scallop.
- Mousse, sweet bread
- A mousse made with caramelised sweetbread, confit onion, chicken mousse and sautéed morels.
- Mushroom beignet/croquette
- A very light mixture is made with button mushroom, tarragon and a thick roux*.
- Mussel soup
- Mix of onion, leek, celery, mussels, saffron, cayenne pepper, white wine and cream.
Go back to Pearl Restaurant Menu.
Go back on top of Glossary.
Vladislav Jankovych » Pearl Restaurant London » Information » Food Culinary Glossary » Letter M