Glossary of Food Words
Browse by letter:
- Kaffir lime
- A type of tree bearing dark green leaves used in cooking, and small, bright green, wrinkled-looking citrus fruit.
- Kai lan
- Chinese broccoli
- Kasseri cheese
- Sharp, salty and hard, except when flamed in brandy (as in Saganaki).
- Kasteel Cru
- The light, sweet maltiness of the beer comes from the spring barley, local to Alsace. The Champagne yeast gives a natural acidity which perfectly balances the light, sweet maltiness of the beer.
- Polish sausage.
- Czech sausage.
- A Jewish pastry made from a piece of dough closed around a mashed potato, cheese and or meat filling.
- Small ravioli-ish dumplings of Jewish origin, most often filled with meat or cheese.
- A weak-stemmed vine originally from China and Japan. The roots are dehydrated, pulverized and used to thicken soups and coasting foods to be deep fried.
- A baked pudding made with potatoes or noodles and sometimes meat and vegetables, usually served on the Jewish Sabbath.
Go back to Pearl Restaurant Menu.
Go back on top of Glossary.
Vladislav Jankovych » Pearl Restaurant London » Information » Food Culinary Glossary » Letter K