Glossary of Food Words
Browse by letter:
- Garlic foam
- Chicken stock, garlic, cream thickened with potato
- A thickening product made from boiled beef and sometime from bones. Not suitable for Jewish people.
- To glaze
- Having a shiny surface or coating.
- Sweet liquid substitute for sugar used in pastry recipe
- Italian dumplings made from flour, potatoes and eggs with flavouring.
- To gratinate
- Traditionally any dish that is topped with cheese or combination of bread crumbs and butter, then baked or grilled until brown and crispy.
- Gremolata is a mixture of minced garlic, parsley, pine nuts, basil, olive oil and lemon zest generally sprinkled over a dish just before serving.
- To grill
- To cook above the heat source (traditionally over wood coals) in the open air.
Go back to Pearl Restaurant Menu.
Go back on top of Glossary.
Vladislav Jankovych » Pearl Restaurant London » Information » Food Culinary Glossary » Letter G