Glossary of Food Words
Browse by letter:
- To farce
- [French] forcemeat. (Stuffed)
- Feta cheese
- Greek cheese
- French long thin baguette
- In fish and meat, a slice of meat without bones, cut out for human consumption
- Fish veloute
- Shallots, noilly prat with lime, cream, fish stock and lemon
- Foie Gras
- [French] (French for “fat liver”) The livers of specially fattened geese and ducks. They grow to an enormous size and are made into pâtés, which are considered a great delicacy. The finest foie gras comes from Strasbourg, Germany and Toulouse, France.
- Mix used to fill tart cases made with ground almond, eggs, flour and butter
- Fromage blanc
- Fromage frais, herbs, garlic, Tabasco, lemon juice and shallots.
- Fromage frais
- Fromage frais (also known as fromage blanc) is a dairy product, originating from France. The name literally means ‘fresh cheese’ (with fromage blanc meaning ‘white cheese’).
Go back to Pearl Restaurant Menu.
Go back on top of Glossary.
Vladislav Jankovych » Pearl Restaurant London » Information » Food Culinary Glossary » Letter F