Glossary of Food Words
Browse by letter:
- A sponge made with meringue and almonds
- Is a wild flower of a yellow colour; young leaves are beautiful for salad, old one are very bitter
- To deep-fry
- To cook food by submerging the whole food item in hot oil or fat.
- Dijon mustard, egg yolks, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar
- The raw mix (flour, eggs, water, etc) of biscuit, bread, brioche, cookies, etc.
- Finely chopped mushrooms with a little onion or shallot sautéed in butter until soft and dry. This is generally used for flavourings, stuffing, and sauces.
Go back to Pearl Restaurant Menu.
Go back on top of Glossary.
Vladislav Jankovych » Pearl Restaurant London » Information » Food Culinary Glossary » Letter D