Glossary of Food Words
Browse by letter:
- Garlic mayonnaise mashed with olive oil and sometimes potato.
[wiktionary:] A form of mayonnaise made from garlic, egg, lemon juice and olive oil.
- À la grecque
- Seasoned vegetables cooked in olive oil, vinegar and served cold.
- Alsace Choucroute
- An Alsatian dish of sauerkraut with wine, sausages, pork, and juniper berries
- Creme anglaise
- This is the base to make ice cream. It is made by cooking egg yolks and sugar with cream and milk.
- Anchovy puree
- Anchovy and aubergine caviar pureed together
- Anchovy sauce
- A sauce made with anchovies, tomatoes, vegetable stock, white wine, shallots, garlic, and lots of olive oil.
- Apple and celeriac remoulade
- Granny smith apples, celeriac both juliennes mixed with mayonnaise and grain mustard
- Aubergine caviar
- Baked aubergine skinned and dried in a pan to form compote. Then mixed dried tomatoes and basil.
Go back to Pearl Restaurant Menu.
Go back on top of Glossary.
Vladislav Jankovych » Pearl Restaurant London » Information » Food Culinary Glossary » Letter A