Etymology of name Vladislav
- Gender: masculine
Usage: Czech, Slovak, Bulgarian, Croatian, Russian, Slovene, Serbian
Other Scripts: Владислав (Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian)
- Pronunciation of name Vladislav
- vlah-dee-SLAHF (Russian)
- Meaning of first name Vladislav
- Means "to rule with glory", derived from the Slavic elements volod "rule" and slav "glory".
- Home version of name
- Czech: Vláďa
Russian: Влад (Vlad)
- Famous people with first name Vladislav
- Władysław II Jagiellończyk (Vladislaus II of Bohemia and Hungary)
Find out more about similar first names: Vladimir and Ladislav.
29 April 2008