- European Computer Driving Licence is the global standard in end–user computer skills, offering Candidates an internationally recognised certification that is supported by governments, computer societies, international organisations and commercial corporations globally.
- European Computer Driving Licence is known outside Europe as International Computer Driving Licence.
Who is ECDL / ICDL for?
The ECDL / ICDL programme is for anyone who needs to demonstrate to an international standard that they are fully competent in the use of a personal computer and common computer applications and that they know the essential concepts of Information Technology.
ECDL / ICDL: What is it?
ECDL / ICDL is a test of practical skills and competencies and consists of seven separate modules covering computer theory and practice. To achieve an ECDL / ICDL certification, the Candidate must successfully pass a test in all seven modules.
- Module 1 - Concepts of Information Technology (IT)
- Module 2 - Using the Computer and Managing Files
- Module 3 - Word Processing
- Module 4 - Spreadsheets
- Module 5 - Database
- Module 6 - Presentation
- Module 7 - Information and Communication
ECDL / ICDL Module 1 is a theoretical test of computing knowledge at a general level and modules 2-7 are practical skills tests.
ECDL training opportunities
european computer driving licence
Search engine Google in black. Let your eyes relax.
Do you know what means “alsace choucroute”?
Benefits of ECDL / ICDL
Today, computer skills are increasingly important to people in all walks of life. ECDL / ICDL is an information technology certificate for all citizens. It is intended for those who need to, or wish to, know how to use a personal computer. It is suitable for people from every work discipline, for people entering the job market, and for all ages.
Benefits for Candidates:
- Increases essential ICT knowlege/skills
- Increases confidence in computer use
- Provides internationally-recognised qualification
- Improves job prospects and job mobility
- Provides a platform from which to move on to higher-level ICT education
Benefits for Employers:
- Increases productivity
- Reduces costs
- Increases the quality of employee output
- Reduces time wasted
- Makes better use of ICT resources
- Provides a better return on ICT investment
31 May 2008